Nokia India lifted the wraps off the Lumia 510 last week in what was the device’s global debut. The Nokia Lumia 510 sports a 4-inch WVGA (800×480) display with a 5-megapixel rear camera. The phone is powered by a 800MHz Qualcomm processor and ships with just 256MB RAM and 4GB internal storage (2.88GB available to the user). Since the phone runs Windows Phone 7.5, it has no support for MicroSD cards, or any other kind of expandable storage.
At the time of the launch Nokia had said the Lumia 510 would be priced “below Rs. 11,000″ and the online price tag is in line with its earlier announcement. Interestingly, the device is listed as “Available” instead of “Preorder Now”, which means it should start showing up in retail stores soon enough. Flipkart promises to deliver the phone in 6-8 business days.
The sub-Rs. 10,000 price tag makes the Nokia Lumia 510 a very compelling option in the segment, where the Sony Xperia tip is our current smartphone of choice. (See: Smartphones – Indian buyer’s guide) We can’t wait to get our hands on the Lumia 510 and run it through the paces to see how it performs. Stay tuned for a detailed review shortly. (Also see: Sony Xperia tipo review | Pictures).
Nokia Lumia 510 specs
- Display: 4-inch WVGA 800×480, TFT, capacitive touch screen
- Memory: 256MB RAM (4GB internal storage)
- Camera: 5-megapixel auto-focus; video recording in VGA resolution @30fps
- Size: 120.7 x 64.9 x 11.5mm
- Weight: 129g
- Connectivity: GPRS/EDGE, WLAN 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, GPS/A-GPS, micro-USB, 3.5mm audio connector (AHJ + WP Controls), Dual Transfer Mode, HSDPA/WCDMA
- Processor: Snapdragon S1
- Talk time: (GSM/WCDMA) Up to 8.4 h/ 6.2 h; Standby time: (GSM/WCDMA) Up to 653 h/ 738 h